If you happened to be on Instagram Live to watch the process I used to apply my makeup you know it took about 2 hours for me to perfect. I watch different beauty gurus and buy products based on their recommedations like Jackie Aina and Ronke Raji. So I had a ix of both drugstore and sort of higher end products.
Everyone has different makeup routines, whether it’s the eyebrows before foundation and vice versa. Below are the 10 steps to my routine. Note that this is just for guidance for people who are accustomed to doing their makeup. Techniques will vary :
- Face Prep: Wash with facial scrub, Tone with witch hazel and moisturize with essential oils.
- Eyebrows: Use brow pencils, brow powder and concealers.
- Eyes: Before using an eye shadow palette, prime your eyes with a primer, blend a lighter shade of concealer and set with setting powder to give a smooth finish. I used a bronzer instead to get the ” no-makeup” look.
- Eyes II: ( You can do this part or get back to it if you want your eye makeup to sit a bit) line your upper lash line with an eye pencil first then a liquid liner. the pencil gives it a base. You can put your fake eyelashes ( optional) and mascara.
- Face: Apply primer and massage into your skin for about a minute. If you need to color correct, you can mix it with your primer or dot them in the problem areas followed by blending with either a beauty sponge or brush.
- Face II: Apply your foundation,concealer and contour making sure to blend after each application and before the next one.
- Face III: Apply setting powder to the areas with concealer and bronzer to areas with contour. Allow to bake for 10 minutes before brushing away the excess setting powder.
- Face IV: Set your makeup with setting spray and then proceed to use your highlighter. Apply setting spray over highlighter to give the extra shine.
- Lips: Apply your liquid lipstick of choice. You can choose to define your lips with a lip pencil prior to application and also highlight your cupids bow.
- Give a final setting spray and allow to dry.
Concealers (Eyebrows and Eyelid): LA Girl [ Toast and fawn]
Concealer (Face): PÜR Cosmetics Contour stick [Dark]
Foundation: Maybelline Fit Me Poreless [340,355]
Brow powder: PÜR Cosmetics browder [dark brown]
Higlighter: Artist Couture [ La Bronze]
Setting Powder : Sacha Buttercup
Lashes : Ardell Lashes in Minx 810
Eye pencil: Wet ‘n’ Wild Black kohl liner
Eyeliner: elf liquid eyeliner
Lipstick: Colourpop [limbo]
Setting spray: L’oreal mattyfying setting spray
Bronzer: M.A.C Mineralize Skin Finish [dark brown]